Thread: Sight Plane
View Single Post
Unread 05-08-2018, 07:52 AM   #8
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

I would not worry about it unless your missing a whole lot. Obviously if your shooting a dedicated trap gun, on a trap course then scoring matters to you. There maybe some minor tweaks to shooting style with that particular gun that you may want to pay attention to like getting gun stock higher on the cheek. Just need to play with it to see what works for you. Besides your not suppose to really see the barrel or sight plane anyway. if you do when shooting that means your aiming which leads to misses on moving targets.

I have also seen some trap guns with elevated ribs that will lower where muzzle points and the poi so that the shot is underneath the target as it is going away. If your looking at a whole lot of barrel then it could mean your shooting high and over the target. Btw from what I understand about trap is that even though targets are rising they are still going away and you want gun to shoot underneath. You never want to miss shooting high and over the top.

If it bugs you then try the old soda straw trick and tape it to the barrel. That might help you understand the reference points. Good luck and the fun of it is you get to figure it out.

Last edited by Todd Poer; 05-08-2018 at 08:03 AM..
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Todd Poer For Your Post: