View Single Post
Unread 11-04-2019, 04:48 PM   #12
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,910 Times in 534 Posts

The first year I hunted the U.P. Felch area it was in a big block of woods when Ruby went on point down the hill side off the tram trail in the thick woods. I started down to her and she moved away and pointed again...this went on for a bit on point off point and we have moved deeper into the woods. I have a GPS collar on her! I got real upset as grouse would have flushed by now and my dog would have returned. But the dog stay out there ahead of me good 50 yards or so in the heavy woods. I was sure a wolf or lion had her and was dragging her off not letting me get close to them. I started to move faster and the dog moved further away. I called for her but no Ruby. I got way in ware some large boulders the size of small house filled the woods...bear country!! I finally caught up with her she did not seem as anything was wrong? I was upset and headed us out. In a short time I saw her flash point and one of the dang snow shoe hares, she took off following, then pointing just like before. I found her again and gave the stern leave it command and we left the area. Before I got my bearings and back on the trail dog found a dang porky.....got my gear off and found my tools and a leash and started to remove quills the rain started. that's just lovely!!!! SXS Ohio
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kenny Graft For Your Post: