Thread: Sticky lifter
View Single Post
Unread 11-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #8
Dollar Grade
PGCA Member

Member Info

I hope that Austin or someone can shed some light on this issue. I have not had this problem but expect that at some time I might.

The last lifter I had apart was a late model with the longer frame and check hook. I do not recall any parts being above the lifter, just the spring... It is difficult to say what the problem is. One location I would check for wear would the edge of the lifter that pushes the locking bolt over. Maybe the wear is causing it too drop down too far which may cause some binding...Some grease on the wear edge of the lifter may help. If that doesn't work then clean the wear edge of the lifter with a degreaser and add a strip of clear packing tape. Trim the edges with a razor and add some grease to the top of the tape. If it solves the problem you at least know that a couple thousandths of wear is causing the problem. Post up the schematic of the parts if you have it as an electronic copy.

good luck,
Kurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hamilton View Post
Kurt, I have done all the cleaning and polishing and use of high tech lubricants and the problem persists. David
The Following User Says Thank You to Kurt Densmore For Your Post: