View Single Post
Unread 01-30-2015, 10:48 AM   #8
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,371 Times in 3,072 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
You're right Edgar. A T in the Action column indicates a Top lever.
The PT indicates the Grade 0 with Plain Twist barrels.... according to the Serialization book.

So, we know it is a hammer gun. If it was hammerless there would be a H in the action column.
Except for the fact that certain guns, based upon their cost, not the extent of engraving, made them a Grade 1. (Such as a certain 16 gauge, 0 frame lifter, someone foolishly parted with) It would be exciting to think we're talking about a 20 gauge top lever hammer gun, based upon what the book says about the SN referenced in the first post, but the added comments re Parker Steel barrel legend, the owner reffering to P, and the knowledge the book has been 'off' in the past, I'm not sure what it really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
Do you have a hammer gun or a hammerless gun. I assume the "flutes" are lightening cuts in the water table of the action, indicating a hammer gun. If you have an original 20 gauge hammer gun with Parker Steel barrels, you have a rare and unusual gun. However, we would need pictures to determine its originality.
Good point, Bill. I never thought of the lightening cuts as 'flutes' but I guess they are.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post: