View Single Post
Unread 10-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #48
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Gardner View Post
Late Saturday afternoon I pulled out my M12 and off we went. No birds pointed or flushed so I didn't get to shoot it but just carrying it felt very right. Certainly not like carrying a well balanced double, but very pleasurable in it's on special way.

When I was turning 13 I spotted a 16 ga M12 in the rack of the local sporting good store and I begged my dad to get it for me for my birthday. He didn't get it for me but he did give me a 20 ga Wingmaster for Christmas that year. (he thought the 16 might be a little much for a first shotgun) I have loved and cherished that Wingmaster for 40-years but that 16 ga M12 haunted me for years. A few years ago I had a chance to pick one up and I didn't hesitate. I just wish I took it out more often.
Me Too!

Around here the clays, trap and skeet shooting is fantastic, with several nice clubs nearby. A great sporting clays range that the require that you rent a golf cart. The only hunting that I can find is off in Condon, OR and it costs thousands and thousands of dollars to shoot there...like $4000 for two days and three nites. So that's out.

Where I grew up we just drove out into the country and shot pheasants from within the brambles alongside the road, we'd get our limit. Stop the car and walk up, guns at high port. Bird flushes BANG got'em. No dog. We let hens go. All wild birds too and tough, you had to hit them hard with 5s or 6s. Tail feathers nearly as long as your arm.
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve McCarty For Your Post: