View Single Post
Unread 09-01-2017, 05:50 PM   #14
Wilmurt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

I too have a PR barrel issue and I'll start by asking this question; If the barrels lock up tight and also sit tight on face what's the purpose of the dolls head? Here's my issue; bought 0 gauge 16 gauge Krieghof barrels from a gentlemen on this Board to fit my 20 gauge PR. Took gun, original forend and barrels to Gunsmithing Ltd. to be fitted. In my own assemblage of the barrels to the frame the dolls head was about 1/16" or so short and not touching the back. I asked Mitch what could be done about the gap and he said it posed no risk to shoot and there would just be that little visual gap. I believe if I had asked (and paid to do it) he would have come up with a solution, but he thought it was no big deal so I have left it alone. Probably put a few hunded shells through it with no problem. Next spring I'll be looking for a Parker DH/E 20 gauge on an 0 frame and will most likely have the 16 gauge barrels fitted to this gun and will address the dolls head issue then. A few more questions, are PR dolls heads available from anyone? Thinking that if new are available in the white or blued the dimensions might be larger and could be made to fit. Does removing the screw on the dolls head remove it without screwing anything else up? Sorry but don't have a photo to post at this time...away from home on vacation. Thanks.
Tom Jay is offline   Reply With Quote