View Single Post
Yup- a muddy "slushy" parking lot and a cannon net
Unread 12-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #8
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Yup- a muddy "slushy" parking lot and a cannon net

I grew up shooting barn pigeons- was out at area dairy farm this past Tuesday afternoon and did some "barrel stretching" with a M12 and some AA hulls- Here's something you fellows might try on your NH 100 cow barn farm- set out in a field area where there is some winter cover (old machinery works great and wear white- put out some crow (aka- "Black Duck") foolies in the corn rows covered with cow poop- if there are pigeons in the area airborne, I'll almost guarantee that they'll circle and even land with the crows- even the K-Mart plastic ones-

Sometimes we add a few dove decoys as an extra- can't shoot doves in MI but you can use the plastic ones, same as you can use geese decoys in a duck spread even when the goose season is closed (but ducks are still legal, of course).

We had a tower release of Amish raised barn pigeons several times at a Club near Marion, MI- but Chuck, the owner-host may not have his Amish source, and those pigeons were raised and would "home" back to the tower, or land in the marsh areas near the stands or roost in the trees, awaiting our "pick-up" shoot later-I'll darn near jog through a forest fire wearing a kerosene speedo and Reeboks to get in a shoot at pigeons, anywhere, anytime. I can't speak for doves, or shooting in SA, but IMO, I don't think there is a sportier feather target awing than a pigeon--
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote