View Single Post
More Mr. Bob
Unread 01-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,463 Times in 2,490 Posts

Default More Mr. Bob

We had 50 birds released and bagged 45. I've hunted wild quail for 40yrs. and these birds were just as explosive as any wild ones. Truly a great day with Parkers (the gun), Parker (the dog) and Kevin (the Buddy). Wish you all could have joined us. My boy Parker (the dog) has a new nickname, Hoover. He had 40+ solid points and the retrieves to go with them. Hoover refers to the vacuum cleaner. He just sucks up the scent and leaves nothing behind. On one memorable point a single flushed and I just clipped it, breaking a leg. As it flew across this stubble field to a tree line 125yds. away I could see a leg dangling so Parker and I took off after it. Between the original point of the flush and the tree line Parker pointed 6 more birds which were dispatched with aplomb. Upon reaching the treeline Parker found the expired bird and brought him out of the cat briars. I returned to the area of the original flush which started all this with 7 birds in the bag. What a great day with a great dog, great guns and a wonderful friend to share all of this with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1130016.jpg (503.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg P1130010.jpg (533.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg P1130011.jpg (526.8 KB, 5 views)
Daryl Corona is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Daryl Corona For Your Post: