View Single Post
Unread 12-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #21
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,063 Times in 1,729 Posts

Here's an interesting story.....I was sittin on "The Stool" at Abe Chabers awhile back when my Repro was there getting it single trigger fixed and we were discussing single triggers in general. Now Abe just loves sharing his vast knowledge of gunsmithing and everytime I drop off a gun I am in for a lesson. And its fine with me..

Anyway we were talking about single triggers and he told me that there are people that cannot shoot a single triggered gun. I guess I looked at him kinda funny because he told the story of a customer that sold an english gun to a friend.

Now the seller had owned this gun for years and shot it without a problem. When the new owner shot the gun it started to double. Long story short. The gun came to Abe and after his inspection nothing was found wrong.

The seller,new owner and Abe went to the skeet field with the gun. Abe and the original owner both shot a round with it and the gun performed perfectly. The new owner shoot a round with the gun and it doubled three times.

Abe explained to me that the function of the inertia blocks for the barrel selector were there to control the involuntary trigger pull that occurs on recoil of the first barrel being fired.

He went on to explain that he has seen this happen in a few instances where the shooters natural reaction was quicker than the trigger.

Maybe this is why Charles King told Wilber Parker that he could make any single trigger double.

Food for thought.....