View Single Post
Unread 12-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #6
DoubleDown
Forum Associate

Member Info

I counted 60 + birds as we put them in the back of my truck for a group photo. Fortunately for us, there was a young lady there (13 years old) cleaning birds to earn some extra Christmas money. I gladly paid her to clean mine, and by the time I left that day, I think she had cleaned all but about 10 of them

Dean, you know I'm never short on photos, so here are some close ups of the new Fox CE. I've even included a copy of the original order card. Other than the replacement White Line pad, the rest of the gun matches the card. I picked it up at the local gun show a few weeks ago. It was sitting on the second table I saw that day, and I knew what it was from 20 feet away. As I walked up to the dealers table, I was wondering to myself just how absurd the price was going to be, mentally having already given up on owning the gun. When I asked the price, I ended up having a REALLY hard time keeping a straight face, and couldn't get to my wallet fast enough! My only concern for the gun was the length of the barrels, as they appeared to be cut, yet had the appropriate length chokes for an early Philadelphia gun. You'll notice on the order card that 28" is scratched out, and 26" is penciled in. This almost completed gun likely fit the majority of the desired specs except for the barrel length, and was pulled from the rack and cut two inches to fill the order.

Mike

Note the W.M. Falk engraved on the trigger guard, and the remnants of the gold plating that once covered the triggers.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson
Mike.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike.Smith For Your Post: