View Single Post
My new toy
Unread 12-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

Default My new toy

I just got this Prussian Daly from G&Howe and it is a beauty. 26" IC/Mod(.010/.020) 12ga with horn butt plate and forend tip and looks like it was hardly ever shot. If it's been refinished in any way, I can't see it. Condition seems to be 95%+. Can't see any evidence of polishing and re bluing. Even has the exact same dimensions and weight as my favorite 26" SG VH12 and feels similar enough that I can't the difference. Dimensionally it's small with a nice slim wrist and weighs just over 7# on my scale. I think G&H said 6#14oz. What a gorgeous gun! A Parker of this quality would cost at least twice what I paid for this, It has stout bbls without a single nick externally and mirror like inside, two locking lugs and a hidden Greener cross bolt so locks up like a vault and the sears and ejectors snap when cocked. 32LPI checkering is near perfect. The forend iron is jeweled inside. This is one precision made gun. It takes a magnifier to see the floorplate seam, which is hidden in the engraving along the front side. The safety is butter smooth but still positive. I am in love!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charles Daly 26285.jpg (237.7 KB, 93 views)

Last edited by Richard Flanders; 12-11-2009 at 03:03 AM..
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Richard Flanders For Your Post: