View Single Post
Leaving for Arizona.....
Unread 12-01-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,046 Times in 1,174 Posts

Default Leaving for Arizona.....

Leaving tomorrow for Arizona to spend a few days with Phil Carr. I've got three sandhill crane permits to hopefully fill plus we're going to give the doves and quail a try as well.

Phil was out this past weekend and had his three birds in a couple hours so I'm hoping for great things. He was shooting his Parker DH 10 gauge with some slick Winchester 2 7/8 #2 paper shells I'd sent him. Lead is legal for cranes in AZ by the way.

I'm going to take "The Preacher" my #3 frame 10 gauge GH magnum and some 3 1/2 inch Federal 2 ounces of #2 shot. Hopefully the sermon it gives will be as deadly as in times past.

If I shoot just one crane it will be well worth the trip as I've never had the opportunity before. Reports to follow.....

Destry
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote