View Single Post
Unread 10-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #11
StubTwist
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,601 Times in 483 Posts

No worries there Dean.... no black was used. Saving the BP for tradition on the New Years day shoot and I got a couple reserved just for you to ring in the New Year for your real nice "yard sale" grade three lifter you got.... Give it a try... it might even bring back the patina on the side plates.

For Charlie... Uncertain what everyone else used for recipes for the short 10 but I am really liking this Longshot Powder with Nice Shot.

Federal hull cut to 2 7/8"; Federal 209 primer; 33.3 grains of Longshot; 1/8" fiber filler wad in SP10 wad go get a good stack height and crimp; 1 3/8 oz of #2's Nice shot with a six point crimp. 1335 FPS velocity; 8780 psi.

I missed my first four shots due to I am not used to mounting and shooting a real heavy gun while laying down and then sitting up to take a shot. Takes a while to get those long heavy barrels moving...... I noticed I was shooting behind the bird. On my next two I was able to get my bag limit shooting the first one like a skeet high house station eight shot, barrels vertical and follow through 20 yards in the air. Oh boy was this a solid hit. I really hurt him.... My second was a single goose that came in but was much further away. He had is landing gear ready and about 10 feet above the ground then Scott yelled, "Frank take him". I fired one shot and he was dead before he hit the ground. Retrieving him, Scott and I counted 43 steps.
Frank Cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frank Cronin For Your Post: