Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Unread 06-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #19
VH20
Forum Associate

Member Info

Rajan,

Not to worry about there being no VHE stamped on the gun. I may be wrong and there may be NO guns with such a stamp, but I thought I'd seen a few like that. I only have one ejector gun out of the 7 Parkers here, and it isn't stamped with anything but a "V". It is documented that it left the factory with ejectors, too. As you have no doubt determined, you have a very desireable little Parker in your hands there. It is a very finely made sporting arm, and reflects craftsmanship that is almost unheard of these days. Now that you know its value, you can maybe take your buddies down a notch or two with their big, black rattling shotguns. Please take excellent care of it, and don't do ANYTHING to it unless you first consult a gunsmith who is very knowledgeable in fine doubles. You can greatly decrease the value by doing simple things like refinishing the wood that you wouldn't think would matter. Just standard cleaning is all you should do.

Dean - well, I wasn't on my lunch hour, I had the day off. I just felt like filling in the details for him.

Jim
Jim Williams is offline   Reply With Quote