Thread: Flues 20
View Single Post
Unread 07-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #15
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
steve i too enjoy shooting a lot of differant guns...its cost me some game at times like a nice 6 point buck and 2 differant big turkeys...but i never could just get used to shooting just one brand of gun...i would shoot a parker lifter 8 ga today and a stevens 410 tommorrow... it aint the so much of hitting with the old gun for me as is the just getting to shoot it.... charlie
I've lost track of how many shotguns I own, not as many as some people though. Today I'm shooting a Browning Gold Fusion at skeet, a Parker SBT SC at trap, a Remington 870 20 gauge (bran new!) at skeet, a Win Model 12, 12 gauge at trap. For hunting (wish I could do more of it) I'm shooting a Fox Sterlingworth and a Spanish ASTRA double. I own two fine Ithaca 37's one with screw in chokes (a 12) and another modified 16 and have NEVER shot either! Also an Ithaca I grade double...haven't shot it either. I've got four model 12's, two 12's, a 20 and a 16. For chukar hunting I carry a Win Model 59 with the modified barrel (I have two tubes). It's lite and easy to hump over our rocky hills where chukar like to torture you. I'm creeping up on 70 and it is not as easy as it once was.

Oh, I've got an ancient long tang Superposed that I seldom shoot and two Miroku's in 20 and 12 that I haven't shot for years, but I used to a lot. They are a bit dinged up. Hunted from a Dodge Power wagon and the guns got tossed around a bit. Then my Rem model 11 in 20 gauge that I love and that's all I can think of now, but I know I've got a few more. Oh, a Win 1300 with the Win choke, almost never shoot it. Then muzzle loaders, all originals. My dad's old Baker 20, nice little gun.

Switching from gun to gun doesn't do anything for my scores....but frankly I really don't care. I do my best. If I do some more work at Trap with my old Parker I think I can get sorta good....medium old man sorta good and that's good enough for me. I'd like to average 23 with my Parker and if I can do that I'll buy you all a round. I have never hit them all.
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote