View Single Post
Just CAme Aboard
Unread 09-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,689 Times in 3,145 Posts

Default Just CAme Aboard

Hi to all my new and old Parker friends. I've been lurking for a few days, a darn fewer than other hobby related websites though. I moderated one of the Land Rover websites for years and always appreciated when a new guy stopped in to say hello.
My dad and I were Parker collectors for decades before the PGCA. Infact, he's been gone for almost 30 years. I don't have so many of the guns left what with the kids and schools etc, but still a nice collection to wipe down and reflect.
When I was a teenager, I took an old Tee Latch Lifter action to a show and swapped it for an S&W. I got smarter as I got older. Only recently did I start paying a little more attention to the stuff we used to consider dust collectors. I traded what many would consider a beautiful percussion target rifle for what I thought was a 14ga. 0 grade lifter. Not wanting to appear too eager to close the deal, I really spent very few minutes checking the gun over, but when I got home was delighted to find it's a 16ga, with lightened watertables.
I'm like Ralphy in The Christmas Story, checking the mailbox for my letter for this gun.
Anyway, Hi All, Glad to be here legally.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote