View Single Post
Next years annual PGCA and Vintagers
Unread 09-30-2009, 09:02 AM   #4
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Next years annual PGCA and Vintagers

[quote=Art Wheaton;4710]Francis...

Keep plugging away and maybe this is the year for a duck double with a Parker. Havent shot a double on grouse and/or woodcock and maybe this is the year. Good luck to you.

Vintager was great on Fri and Sat...Sat night rain and a real mess for Sunday..lots of folks bailed out with soupy grounds. A good turnout for the dinner..104 and a great gun show of 16 ga Parkers with an A1 Special winning the Peoples choice award. Good shooting-- Thanks Art- a true double from the old Orvis pin days might have been on a pair of: ruffed grouse, woodcock, snipe, pheasants, etc both flushed and airborne together- However, as a grouse and a woodcock seem to have different flight characteristics when flushed, I would consider a gentleman who took cleanly both a grouse and a woodcock with two shots from a side-by-side (Parker preferred) to be most skilled wingshot and with a gun well fitted to his shooting style.

Yesterday I was "scouting" area dairy farms with drain ponds, etc. for our coming waterfowl season, opening in our Zone on Sat. 10th Oct. Saw beaucoup Canadas at my "opener morning" farm, and did take the GHE and some AA reloads for barn pigeons- had a red letter day Thanks again for your kind replies.. Francis Morin
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote