Unread 07-04-2011, 08:34 AM   #41
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Money Changers, already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ehlers View Post
Very well said !!
- No doubt related to the same ones our Lord drove outta da temple back in His era=-- Just because a wealthy gentleman who made his money in an honest fashion ordered a scarce "midget" gauge BHE Japanese copy of a Old Reliable, and then later died- I've seen the same thing in the high-end bamboo rod "schlepers"-- When Gary Howells died some years ago, the price of his sweet cane rods went up- I bought a 7 & 1/2' 2/2 3 & 3/4 oz. Howells from a private party in 1986- MINT almost unfished, original bag, tube and tag for $450 (when I was picking up very good 3 pc. 8 ft/ W&M Grangers for half that price- It's not for sale, but I have seen them listed on dealer's catalogues for 3K and up--

A reasonable mark-up, yes- And I buy guns to shoot, not to rest in the Browning Steel Tomb with the Sergeant & Greenleaf combo lock- if I wanted a "midget" gauge gun, and a double, I'd make brother Dean Roming and offer on his Minty IJ Skeeter- and save the difference in cash outlay against this auctioned Repro for a nice dove and quail hunt with it--
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote