View Single Post
Unread 09-23-2009, 08:55 PM   #9
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,652 Times in 997 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
All posters are confusing the "Steel Shot Special" with the "Sporting Clays" model of Repro. The Sporting Clays model has 2 3/4" chambers and screw in chokes. The "Steel Shot Special" has 3" chambers and IC and MOD chokes in 28" barrels. The difference between a regular Repro with 28" barrels and a Steel Shot Special with 28" barrels is that the SSS has chokes that are compatible with steel shot in 3" shells. The regular Repro with 28" barrels has 2 3/4" chambers and modified and full chokes. I don't doubt that Joe owned a gun that was not serial numbered as a Steel Shot Special that had SSS features. OK, so he did.
Not all posters are confused Bill. Like I stated in the first sentence of this thread "Every article that I've read and every specification that I've seen concerning the Parker Repro Sporting Clays Classic model states they are factory furnished with 3" chambers." I've also got magazine articles/reviews of the SCC that also state they were furnished with 3" chambers---and I own one that has 3" chambers---yet I have yet to see one so marked.

Here's a pic of the Specs on the back of a Parker Repro brochure, the third listing from the top is the SCC. The SCC's are marked "ISC" on the barrels flats. The second listing from the top is the standard DHE 12-ga. 28" gun which were available choked either IC/M or M/F. The fourth listing from the top is the SSS, which in addition to the .006/.018 chokes and 3" chambers also spec'd to have .740 bores---supposedly this special choke/bore combination was derived to obtain ideal patterns with steel shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Parker Repro Specs 002.JPG (164.8 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by Greg Baehman; 09-24-2009 at 09:31 PM..
Greg Baehman is online now   Reply With Quote