View Single Post
Unread 03-30-2024, 02:13 PM   #27
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,377 Times in 1,237 Posts

Just an update after reloading with Nobelsports for a while now. They do work well, no different than any of the other familiar brands and much less expensive. Just one issue: I'll usually reload my preferred 12 ga Remington Gun Clubs with Cheddite primers, four times, then switch to Fiocchi primers for the last three reloads before shooting in a Model 12 and shucking the spent shells to the ground. I'd started to run out of my Fiocchi primers and began using the NS primers for the fifth reload. The NS primers are a very tight fit into Gun Club hulls (steel bases) even after having been reloaded 4x with Cheddites. My MEC 9000 Progressive will strain and loudly “click” as it overcomes the interference-fit and pushes the NS primer into the primer pocket. On the other hand, NS primers will seat normally into Rem STS and Winchester AA hulls with their softer brass bases, no heavy pushing and no clicking on the 9000.

Then when reloading the Gun Clubs with NS primers for the sixth and seventh (last) time the primer seats with normal pressure because the primer pockets have expanded ever so sightly.

Here's my current procedure for that fifth reload: I’ll deprime and reprime with Nobelsports using my heavy-duty Texan M-11 press, then transfer the primed hulls to station #2 on the MEC 9000 and finish loading as normal with it. A little extra time involved but I'm not taxing the 9000.

I don't reload anything but Gun Clubs, STS, Nitros and AA red and gray hulls and thus I don't know about how the Nobelsports seat when reloading any others.
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post: