View Single Post
Almost a Double Double
Unread 03-05-2024, 03:47 PM   #1
Steiner
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,138 Times in 486 Posts

Default Almost a Double Double

As the cherry on top of our wonderful weekend, good friend Steve Parker and I walked in on this point by the dynamic duo of Sunny and Dottie. To our surprise and amazement a covey rise of 5 or 6 quail exploded from about 10 feet in front of Sunny. As I zoomed in quickly on a right to left screemer I heard the report from Steve's V grade 28 just before I touched off the right barrel of my V grade 28 and dumped the little rocket. I quickly scanned for another feathered target and picked up a high flying quail, again moving from right to left. Just as I was catching up I again heard the report of Steve's 28 Parker. I hesitated for a split second expecting the bird to fall but quickly realized Steve had missed or was shooting at a different bird. I squeezed of the left barrel and the bird crumpled to the ground. I turned to Steve and said "I doubled up" and he regretfully reported that he had also quickly connected with his first shot but missed with his second at a different bird than the one I connected on. We decided a quick picture was in order and were both dissapointed that we'd missed such a very rare oportunity. (Note Steve's gun on the ground)

IMG_1799.jpeg

IMG_1306.jpg
Dan Steingraber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Dan Steingraber For Your Post: