View Single Post
Unread 09-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #19
VH20
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bernfeld View Post
I spoke with Mike Burnett at CSMC today about the bbls. Jim, you were correct on 2 issues: the 28 ga bbls that are planned now are for the 20 ga 0 framed Reproductions. They do plan to make 00 frame 28 ga bbls "later on." The other thing you said was that you thought that the Remington bbls were made on the same machines. I was told they are, however, they will not sell them in the white, and it would be necessary to order them through Remington (!).
Joe
Thanks for that, Joe. You beat me to it. I'll probably call later anyway so they know of the demand for that product. Sometimes you wish you weren't right - like when you think your team is going to lose the big game and they do. To be clear, the 00 frame 28 barrels they plan on making later on are for Repros, not Originals? Does anyone know of prior success fitting Repro barrels to originals? At least there is a glimmer of hope in the future.

Corporate business models are so screwy sometimes: "Yes, we are in business to make and sell products. Yes, we make exactly what you need to solve your problem. Uh...no you can't buy them." But I realize there are factors we aren't privy to. Fortunately, there's no hurry in this case, so if the solution is on the horizon that's still good.

Jim
Jim Williams is offline   Reply With Quote