View Single Post
Closing(?) the loop on a dead thread
Unread 12-21-2023, 09:59 AM   #30
Derek Lathrop
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Closing(?) the loop on a dead thread

Back in 2020 I did hear some definitive words on the subject gun, but failed to follow up on the forum.

My search ended at John Puglisi. I found out that he himself had been a previous owner/collector of the gun and had since sold it.

We were able to get connected for a phone conversation after which he reached out to the owner (whose identity John kept confidential) and told him about my search. A follow up conversation between John and I revealed the owner did not seem interested in my story much at all. Additionally he didn't give John much to go on, but Puglisi's best guess as to what the owner would want for it --- $20,000.

I told him I would rather not waste his or the owner's time by requesting an audience and that's where it all ended.

Nonetheless I wanted to say thank you to anyone who put thought into this project and to put a cap on it.

It was an enjoyable search and fun to find out that it was in fact worth something. My grandfather would have been proud to know, then again maybe it would have eaten him up!

Last edited by Derek Lathrop; 12-21-2023 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: spelling
Derek Lathrop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Derek Lathrop For Your Post: