View Single Post
NH Doodle Action
Unread 11-06-2023, 12:07 AM   #1
Zacharysmith
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default NH Doodle Action

For the past week in cental NH the Woodcock hunting has been hot. Everyday me and my girls are in the woods. My old girl Bella and my pup Cleo hunt separate and I alternate them each day. Cleo needs the time in the woods, but Bella has earned the respect to be out there in her 10th season. It's been crazy in my local covers. The 3rd of November was the only day I can say we got into a flight this year but plenty of birds filling in the covers every few days. I hunted with my 26" Trojan 20 for the last 10 days or so because of the choke combination and the fact that I was shooting so well with it. A few days it only took 3 shells to limit out for the day. I am generally not like that and swap between the Fox, LC and the Lefever as well but not this year. Anyways, the pup has come a long way this season and I'm happy with her progress. Hopefully a solid bounce back season on grouse next year to bring her up to par. A great hunt again yesterday and we are calling it a season now as I'm chasing the whitetail. I snuck in a stylish pic of my old girl Bella on point at the end and yes, I got the bird she worked hard for as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oct1.jpg (512.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg oct2.jpg (540.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg oct3.jpg (579.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg oct4.jpg (544.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg oct5.jpg (566.2 KB, 5 views)
Zacharysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Zacharysmith For Your Post: