View Single Post
Unread 10-15-2023, 10:16 AM   #4
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,694 Times in 3,148 Posts

I can't understand why there are even any un-fired Repros left. They were made to be used and a well taken care of Repro that's been used is no less gun than an un-fired one.
An 'Original' Meriden gun unfired? That's a whole 'nuther discussion. I bought one once, more to study it, but passed it on after I 'absorbed' it. I'm not in the same zip code as wealthy collectors who simply want to look at them.
I recently bought an upgraded Parker, commissioned by a well known collector, and executed by a well known and respected duo. It remained new, and un-fired since it's 'rebirth', but it's price reflected more what it was, not so much in it's un-fired state for over 50 years. I will admit to only fleeting thoughts of being the person who would be the one to end that run. I took it out last week, put 150 rounds through it, and never looked back.

Lastly, in the FWIW department, I'm pretty sure there's no difference in the barrel of a Steel Shot Special, and other 12ga Repros, other than perhaps chokes.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post: