View Single Post
Unread 09-21-2023, 05:45 PM   #19
Pa SxS
Research Chairman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,013 Times in 1,430 Posts

I sure was hoping the VC would go smoothly since the shoot was in my back yard but regrettably it didn't go well. The club and the Vintagers had almost 1 year to get it organized but it seemed both Warrington and the Vintagers had no clue on how to run a big shoot. Kevin mentioned a few of the problems and I'll add a few. I don't know if the people in the office were from Warrington or from the Vintagers but they seemed to be not very well organized. On the main event, one of the young trappers on a station had no clue on what to do. He had never pulled and scored before and was not taught how to do it. We took some time out of our shooting to train him. On 2 of the stations, they threw incomers directly at you. If you missed the target or waited too long before shooting it, you could have been hit by the whole target or pieces. Very dangerous. We shoot a lot of ZZ birds in our area. We tried to get them included in the shoot. We gave the Vintagers the contact of the guy who runs it months before the shoot. When I asked in early summer what the status was, the guy that runs the ZZ birds said he hadn't heard anything. I contacted the Vintagers and by the time they got to the ZZ bird guy, he had already scheduled something for that weekend. You snooze, you lose!

Can the VC succeed at Warrington, I think it can however both Warrington and the Vintagers need to identify the problem areas and take corrective action and not wait till the last minute.
Chuck Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chuck Bishop For Your Post: