DH 28 Ga.
Unread 03-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #1
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,582 Times in 1,105 Posts

Default DH 28 Ga.

Gentlemen ,I have owned this gun for about five years or so and it is a little different than your normal D Grade ,the gun is Serial # 106312 ,it is the only known 25" Barreled 28 Ga. D Grade according to TPS . It also has unusual ,drop points ,this gun has English drop points and according to the PGCA letter ,the gun Has been sent back to The Parker factory twice ,once by the original owner in 1902 to remove dent from stock and again in 1915 by a company named " Kirkwood Bros. "to be " restocked same as old " WEll after all these years of ownership ,I finally decided to remove the trigger guard and see if Parker Bros. truly put this stock with the English drop points on this gun ! When I removed the guard ,it was in fact " Machine cut like factory but had " Kirkwood 78 J 112 L Stamped as plain as day ,also the # 1938 in front of Kirkwood ! What I can find out is there was a Co. by the name of Mortimer and Kirkwood " Gun Makers "in Boston Ma. at the time period also listed as Kirkwood Bros.. Does anyone know of this Company or has anyone else ever found this on their guns ,it appears as though this stock would be original and Parker Bros. did it and possibly Kirkwood Bros. stamped the stock as if they had done the repairs ???? Any Opinions ? Russ
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote