View Single Post
Unread 01-01-2023, 10:57 PM   #20
Keith Doty
PGCA Member

Member Info

I'm in the middle of a "screaming" bad gunsmith experience right now. Just plain shoddy work. This smith has royally screwed up a 12 ga. CHE for me after assuring me he was skilled at the desired work and competent to do the job. I was good with the 21 months to do the work and the price asked (he should not have promised 7 to 8 months as he did) if the job had been correctly done. It was not. On my first inspection about 14 or 15 months in I informed him in no uncertain terms this was not the results we had talked about and I absolutely expected. I left the gun expecting the issues to be corrected.
The gun shipped back to me mid December, my first chance to shoot it was over the holidays. VERY not good. I notified him immediately but was far too mad to have conversation at that time and indicated I would call him this coming week.
I would sincerely hate for any of our members or, for that matter, ANYBODY to end up in my current situation.
So, what is the consensus here on a photo spread, a history on the work to be done, and naming names? All thoughts and opinions welcome.
Keith Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Keith Doty For Your Post: