View Single Post
Unread 12-13-2022, 09:48 AM   #2
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,777 Times in 4,656 Posts

The gun is a PH grade with fluid steel barrels. Which is a pretty rare offering as the PH was discontinued not long after they started putting fluid steel on them. So not many were made.

The gun was original an extractor gun and was later converted to ejectors. And the beavertail forend looks like it may be factory built. Possibly also a later addition. Maybe at the same time that the gun was converted to ejectors.

Being a single trigger, I would bet that was a conversion too. But I cannot see enough of things to know for sure based on physical evidence. But I would doubt that an extractor P grade would have originally been ordered with a single trigger.

The barrel flats have two separate remington repair codes. So that means that the gun was sent back to ilion two times for some sort of repair work. Likely ine of those may have been the ejector retrofit.

The frame on the gun is all blued which is not at all correct for a Parker. Now, it is possible that maybe remington blued it on request from the owner on one of the returns, but I kind of doubt it. The frame would have had to be annealed and re-hardened as part of the ejector conversion. But they would have just left it as case colored finish after that.
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!