Thread: Roll Crimping
View Single Post
Unread 09-03-2022, 09:07 PM   #95
Cory Rams
Forum Associate

Member Info

Picked this vintage press up today for a whopping $9! The matching vintage craftsman drill was laying next to it for another $3. I cleaned both up inside and out. The press is smooth and depending how lightly I squeeze the drill trigger it barely spins to full throttle completely pressed. My plan is to put a hose clamp or zip tie around the drill handle and trigger. I’ll tighten the clamp, or tie, till I get the RMP I prefer. It does have a trigger lock. I’ll have to see if it spins to fast locked into position first. I’ll then plug the cord into a power strip so I can turn the power on and off with a flip of a switch. Hopefully the drill holds up for a while. I took it completely apart to lube and clean. If the drill eventually gives up its ghost I have a few corded and cordless drills laying around. If it works it will save me calling my buddy to make arrangements to use his and driving 8 blocks to use his drill press along with my 4 pin roller. I only load a couple dozen 10 gauge a year at most so I would assume it will last a long time. I will have to see if I can find some old directions to make sure I have it mounted correctly and to make sire I’m not missing any parts.

Last edited by Cory Rams; 09-04-2022 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Cory Rams is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cory Rams For Your Post: