View Single Post
Unread 06-12-2022, 10:43 AM   #17
William Woods
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Troy,

I am sorry to hear of the health issues facing your dog. I have lost many fine dogs over the years. My vet clinic is the most advanced in the area, and I trust their judgement completely. My vet suggested taking one dog to a specialty clinic that they had examined. They told us their diagnosis, and they were correct. They had given us all the options available to us and I know that their suggestion was more for our benefit than for the dog. My vet always gives us all the options and lets us make the decision, but I always ask them what they would do if the dog was theirs. Often the vet will tell me that I will know when it is time. I think they want us to accept the fact that it is time. I have waited too long on occasion to end my companions suffering because we were not ready to let them go. There comes a time when it is selfish on our part to want to keep them around. I echo the sentiment from previous posts on this. I hope you find some comfort from your fellow members posts regarding this issue. Thoughts are with you.
William Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to William Woods For Your Post: