View Single Post
Unread 06-07-2022, 11:17 PM   #6
Troy Giles
Forum Associate

Member Info

Timothy and Dean:

I cannot thank you both enough for taking the time to respond. We will fight for her but only to the point that its fair. We see the oncologist on Thursday and will go ahead with aggressive treatments if that is an option. For my three kids, it really isn't an option...we will do all we can to save Hazel. I am proud that they were raised to have that commitment and respect for these fine animals that give so much to us. She was never a great hunter (that is on me, Clint raises fine dogs). But she was my best friend in the field. Never busted a bird and never more than a single call and she was by my side. For 16 years I have been blessed with two friends in the field that made going for a walk, with a gun, on crisp Autumn day so wonderful. My wife would ask "how was Hazel"? I'd say, she was perfect. Hunting wild roosters in Wisconsin is hard work and more often than not, we'd come home without a bird. But the day was filled with joy just watching them run. Those perfect days of Autumn. That chapter, I think is about to close. And I am just not ready for it to end. We will give it heck and hope and pray. And pray. And then pray again asking for mercy and just a year or two more. Oncology on Thursday. We will see.
Troy Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Troy Giles For Your Post: