View Single Post
Unread 03-09-2022, 10:45 AM   #18
MD*GSP
PGCA Member

Member Info

I just didn't realize that a 28" PR under 6.5 lbs. would have been that difficult to find, and yes the configuration I have does not seem to come up everyday so I guess in that sense it may be on the rare side. I recall, from reading the forum, that there are some 28" IC/MOD 20ga barrels out there, but not that many. This particular one is a pg and has a single trigger and splinter f/e.

I have one other 20 ga (w/splinter, sg, and dt) that weighs 6# 10oz. w/26" barrels It sounds to me that Parkers were simply available at 6 lbs or less, whereas the pr's just never seemed to get there. I have perused a fair number of original Parkers in 20 ga fs and I seem to find the ones that are over 6 lbs, and therefore more in-line w/the PR's. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

--

Edited to add: I mis-spoke and Greg astutely caught the mistake. I do not have 28" 20ga barrels choked IC/MOD, they are choked Q1/Q2. There are other 28" Q1/Q2 barrels out there for the 20ga., but I have not ever come across 28" 20ga. barrels marked IC/MOD.
Scot Cardillo is offline   Reply With Quote