My First Gun Show of the Year
Unread 03-05-2022, 09:28 PM   #1
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,383 Times in 12,415 Posts

Default My First Gun Show of the Year

I went down to the next town this morning for a gun shiw put on annually by Newmart Productions. It opened at 9 but I didn’t want to stand in the cold in a long line so I waited and got there at about 10:30. That turned out to be a mistake because I still stood in line for 35 minutes.

I chatted with Newman for a few minutes when I got inside but quickly got to the business at hand and began to peruse the tables. There were fewer vendors of classic old guns and in fact Dick & Craig (Wildwoods Guns of China Maine) were conspicuously absent as were a few other regulars at that show. But the purveyors of black weapons and handguns and knives, and of course the jerky dealers were represented in force.

There were scant few side by sides only being represented by 6 Winchester 24’s in one vendor’s rack - 3 twelves, 2 sixteens and a 20.
Another vendor had a Winchester 21 and a ratty belgian hammer gun. No Parkers, Foxes, but there was one lonely LC.
Tha star of the show IMO was a Lefever 12 gauge E. It was pretty nice and it had that wonderfully executed setter on one side and pointer on the other. A wonderful gun priced at $2750.
All in all it was a bit disappointing but still a decent way to spend a few hours on a Saturday. First picture is on the way in to the end of the line. Second picture is the home stretch after being in line for 20 minutes. Last picture speaks for itself.

I did make 1 purchase though which I will show in another thread sometime tomorrow.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: