Thread: Gun stock blues
View Single Post
Maybe a suggestion here?
Unread 02-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Maybe a suggestion here?

I have had two first-rate stock repair experiences in past 2 & 1/2 years, both with my good friend, master gunsmith and PGCA member, Brad Bachelder in Grand rapids, MI. I won't name names, I'll let the other gentlemen who are members here who have had their Parkers worked on by Brad speak as to the excellent of ALL his gun work--

I bought a 12 no. 2 frame size GHE receiver and matching forearm with working ejectors, and had Brad find a pg buttstock, also a set of 28" Vulcan steel ejector barrels and he build me the best pheasant over pointing dogs double gun I own- He also repaired the pg of my son-in-law's prized possesion, gun wise- an older Browning A-Bolt in .270 Win- as Jeff is a Southpaw, a replacement stock was not available, Brad repaired it and you can't even see the hairline fracture. A .270 BA rifle does not develop the felt recoil of the same weight rifle in .300 Win mag- yet it cracked last Nov. in our deer stand when Jeff bumped it with his boot. Wood does strange things over time and weather-

Contact Brad Bachelder at bachelderfirearm@aol.com, he is open Tuesdays through Fridays 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM (1000 hrs to 1700 hrs) EST at this number- 1-616-4593636.
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Francis Morin For Your Post: