View Single Post
Unread 02-02-2022, 02:33 PM   #2
Bruce Hering
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon View Post
...but spent the last week in the Flint Hills, enjoying beautiful late winter weather on the prairie. We headed South to Kansas on a whim after our end of season weather turned bad in our home covers on the Iowa-Missouri border. We found a nice place to stay in a small Kansas prairie town and, after exploring, found some wild Bobs, enough to keep us walking through some of the nicest cover (and weather!) I've had the pleasure to hunt in.

We had hoped to meet Phil Yearout for a hunt, but things did not work out for that -- hopefully next year. A belated Happy Birthday, Phil!

Our original plan was to stay an extra day after the season to be able to explore more of the area, but a pending storm caused us to head home early.

It's so hard to leave a season, not knowing how many more we might have. But we have our plans for the future. At the end of every season, I always think of the quotation from George Bird Evans' Song of Autumn,“There was a period in the seriousness of youth when I used to ponder which was the most impelling — anticipation, experience, or reminiscence. I now know that memory is all three.” I "bagged" many memories this past season.

Gary:

Nice hunt.

How is the weather at home now ? We are still getting rain, but the temps are now near freezing. I do hope that we can avoid too much ice. We shall see.
Southeastern Illinois College
AMM 761
Bruce Hering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Hering For Your Post: