View Single Post
Unread 01-25-2022, 04:58 PM   #3
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,939 Times in 4,787 Posts

I wrote a post with my opinion about 28" one barrel sets a while back but did not post it. I wanted to give it more thought before I posted. At this point, the only sure way to get a 28" single barrel set in any gauge is to buy a two barrel set. I am convinced, since I have been in this business since the beginning, that 28" single barrel sets were not rare in the beginning, but have become rare because they are hidden in collections. Double trigger, single barrel sets are even more likely to be hidden in collections. This combination is very hard to find, yet it seems that every serious Repro collector has a one barrel, double trigger gun in his stash. This phenomenon existed during the "closeout" when double trigger 28" guns disappeared early and two barrel sets were the only way you could get such a thing. In fact, during the closeout, I could not locate a 28" 28 gauge single barrel set from any of the suppliers. I did not inquire about the 20 gauge, but I assume the same situation existed. A 12 gauge, double trigger, single barrel 28" gun is even more elusive because of the small production of the 12 gauge Repro. Yes, they are all in collections. I guess my point is that we have to pay the price for 28" and double trigger guns if we want one, or settle for a 26" or single trigger gun which are wonderful alternatives, and the gun of choice for many of us. Get them while they are here. They won't be here forever, at least at these prices.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post: