View Single Post
Unread 12-23-2021, 11:50 AM   #42
ArtS
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,114 Times in 427 Posts

It's a shame no one kept a record (or it is lost) of the number of Parker barrels actually made. I too believe the total number was likely in the 200 range, but I do believe that a significant part of the 211 listed were imports. I can't believe that Parker used up their entire supply of imported laminates and then used almost exclusively what were expensive barrels (to them) on most of the laminate production. I would rather think that they used up their supply of imports on the lower grades in an effort to convert over to their own. It is obvious from reading the Parker Story concerning their production method that they kept a good inventory of parts in stock. So I have to presume they had an inventory on hand when the Parker laminates became available. That would put the real number less than the 211. However, there are multiple occurances of Damascus graded guns that were sold as such with Parker laminated barrels. Counting Mike's gun and the one I bought recently. I have found records of 7 or eight in the last couple of months just by reading old posts here. All but one I found mentioned are Grade 3 or above. That is a significant number compared to the actual L graded guns reported in the records. This would add to the presumed numbers.

Whatever the true number, it is a small number.
Arthur Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arthur Shaffer For Your Post: