View Single Post
Unread 04-03-2021, 07:11 AM   #16
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,985 Times in 1,408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
No Pete. I probably chose the wrong crisis to exemplify my point. The point is - never let a good crisis go to waste. The shortages, compounded by the Covid situation the world is in, any shortage in fact, is the perfect time to bump prices. And another reason why prices are inflated is because PEOPLE WILL PAY THOSE PRICES.

Supply and demand is certainly part of the problem. I also believe an abundance of available money is another factor, combine the historic low interest rates with a massive amount of money flooding the economy and a government monetizing it's debt has combined to create the perfect storm for inflation. It seemed to be limited to real estate initially, then it moved to lumber but now lots of commodities are increasing in price. I am looking at putting new tires on my truck, Hankook just announced a 5% increase on light truck tires this past week. Everyday I seem to be seeing these announcements of prices increases. Question is, will it be temporary or a return to the 1970's, time will tell. Regardless empty shelves for ammunition and reloading components dragging on for months is very troubling if you are a shooter.