View Single Post
Unread 03-23-2021, 04:00 PM   #40
Joe from MO
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,123 Times in 422 Posts

Well, I bought this BSS to give it a go at ducks, more than anything else. A SxS that I can shoot modern heavy loads out of, and not feel the need to baby it.

The fact they are heavy and not as sexy as as sub gauge Parker is fine by me, because that's not what it's intended for. I may shoot the gun and decide it's not for me, and thats ok too, because at the price I got it for, and the condition it's in, I don't think I am going to get hurt on it. BSS's seem to have a pretty strong group of fans.

I know it's just me, but I have never liked the English straight stocked guns. Maybe because I've never been a grouse hunter, more of a ducks & geese sort of guy. They always felt too small in my hands. They are very attractive to look at, and I wish I liked shooting them, but just not my cup o' tea..... So far. :-)

At some point in my life, I do need to find me the "right" 20 gauge still. I have a nice 20ga OU, but do not have any 20g SxS's as of yet..... I may have to let a few other not so used items go before I make that purchase..... :-)