View Single Post
Unread 01-03-2021, 05:45 PM   #10
jeffery c
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks for commenting on the post, Cold Spring. Those are nice gauges you have! I've been using a Galazon brass leaf gauge. It only measured .780", I put tape on the edge to bring it up to .798". My measurements do seem repeatable, at least. I mainly use it to see if a chamber has been lengthened from factory. I never had gauged this three digit 21 before and I only own one other 1940 made 21, it's at my ffl's shop, as I'm selling it and I never measured it. My assumption about this 21 is that it for sure was a 2 3/4" cut chamber. You could have knocked me over with a feather when it gauged 2 5/8". Measuring a couple other guns of mine that are handy with my shabby gauge: a post-war LC Smith gauges 2 3/4", as expected and a 1925 Parker gauges 2 5/8", as expected. I'd like to get a more accurate gauge, do you have a recommendation of which commercial one might be okay? Do you happen to know SAAMI chamber end diameter in 1931? Their website shows .798" currently. Any other thoughts where my error might be coming from?
jefferyconnor is offline   Reply With Quote