View Single Post
Unread 11-03-2020, 08:01 AM   #59
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,907 Times in 3,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Lee Pickens View Post
What a way to go out! Glad the weather gave you a break. I was going to hunt Sat and leave Sun, but ended up leaving Sat. High winds and more snow hit on Sun.
Garry, did you know that the Ohio grouse season which used to run thru Feb 28, now ends Nov 29 on public land--not that I would shoot one, I still know where some pockets of birds are, but wont touch them
Harold, I keep up with the Ohio grouse situation, and I have watched the tragedy develop over time. I spent many a late February chasing Ohio grouse. It was a magic time of year. I fear Kentucky and West Virginia are headed for the same fate, and my home state of Virginia is in the same situation. I don't understand why folks who claim to care about the environment can't see that managing it is a good thing, not bad. It's often the same folks who want us to follow the science for action against climate change, but deny the science that says forests are healthy when there's diversity within them. The older I get, the more weary I get with "people."
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: