Thread: UP Trip
View Single Post
Unread 11-02-2020, 09:13 PM   #55
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,921 Times in 3,166 Posts

Postscript: Our last day -- Sunday -- started windy with gusts in excess of 50 mph. We spent the morning packing the truck, thinking the weather might take another hunting day from us, but when the winds finally calmed in the early afternoon, we hit the woods. The day turned memorably beautiful -- sunny and still. The grouse must have been waiting for this break in the weather, because we were into them right out of the truck. In a little over 2 hours we moved 12 birds for 15 flushes with two nice points by Aspen and two birds downed from the four shots I had. I got to blood the little 20 gauge CHE (yes, Reggie, it has a straight/splinter stock), a real treat for me. It was a great ending to this trip, and was all the sweeter because of the poor conditions that preceded it.

We'll be home on Wednesday. I'll spend some days in tree stands at the farm with the bow, and some days in home covers chasing Bobs. Our firearms deer season begins on the 14th. Is there a richer time of year for the hunter?

I hope everyone has a safe and successful season.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4124.jpg (568.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4133.jpg (499.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4145.jpg (564.1 KB, 4 views)
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: