View Single Post
stevens crackshot
Unread 06-23-2020, 10:48 PM   #1
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

Default stevens crackshot

got my crackshot in today very nice gun not new but a nice old gun...I shot it with some long ammo first...brass hulls sticking some then tried long rifle in it had to use my knife to get it out...I got the cleaning kit out I run a brass wire brush thru it it got stuck like to have never got that thing out of the barrel...it was my fault I did not put enough of a longer handle on it....finally found a old handle to help push it thru the barrel...I figure it had been a lot of years since the barrels and chamber had been cleaned...I figure they had been shooting a lot of short cartiges in the gun...any way she now pulls even the long rifles when shot...seems to shoot true...I could hit a can at 45 steps every shot off hand at that...squirls better beware this fall...little gun might weigh 4 lbs should be no trouble to carry a little ways... I then got to cleaning guns it was raining here so I got a few wiped down looked at some I had not seen in a while...a old parker 10 ga with 3 1/2 inch chambers barrels are 30 inches but weigh 8 lbs 7 ounces I bet they are 125 thousands thick at the barrels end...mighty hefty....a little armerican arms 410 hammer gun with factory 20 inch barrels...weight 4 lbs....smallest 410 I ve ever seen....a german drilling 16 x 16 x 7 x 57 r one of the 16 ga barrels has a 22 magnum insert in it..it shoots 2 inches to the right of the scope....what ever you put the cross hairs on it and pull the trigger is done for...it has the quick detachable mounts I believe called claw mounts....the guy I got it from lived and worked as a guide in Alaska...he lived close to me in the winter months...he said he carried this gun broke down on all his hunting trips...he was a retired army man he was a big man about 6 foot 5...name was just slim....found a neww 30-30 marlin I ve never shot have had for many years and never shot it..traded a 55 chevy belair 2 door post for this gun many years ago I wish now I had the 55 back...a lc smith long range gun yep with 3 inch chambers its my old duck gun....that's all folks....charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post: