View Single Post
Unread 04-18-2020, 11:00 AM   #18
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,948 Times in 4,792 Posts

My 800B loaders, five of them, are going on fifty years old, so I can't help much. However, on the 800B, when things lock up, it is usually an unseated primer or a half seated primer that must be found and cleaned out. That is in the "book". I just did that fix a couple of days ago. Somehow, I have always been able to find the culprit and fix it without breaking something, but it is sometimes a time consuming search. First, I had to turn off the shot and powder and block the primer feed. When I finally got to the problems, it was uncertain which shells had how much shot, powder or a primer, so I discarded all shells in progress at the time of the blockage. Small price to pay to eliminate the possibility of a double charge or no charge. I have hand stamped numbers on all the stations on my turntables so I can say, in my mind, "shell in #2 has no powder". Or maybe it would be "discard #2 through #7 because of doubtful content". One thing, after more than a half million shells loaded and several shot spills, I have never had shot seize up the machine. In my experience, a seized machine is always an improperly seated primer or shell case. Good luck, Dean.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote