View Single Post
Unread 04-11-2020, 06:27 PM   #29
Matto
PGCA Member

Member Info

Well I am glad to say that the case is done and spoken for. Lots of challenges with a double case and this case has a few "Extras"

I wanted the case to look old and worn and have it fitted in its original splendor. I want to thank you guys for telling me to keep the outside original, really gives the case an original warm feel. Putting the snap caps and oil bottle where they ended up was a bit challenging but look much better, I thank you again for that suggestion.

1. It will hold a 30"and 34" barrel or just about any configuration of barrels.
2. Has a cradle for a beavertail for-end.
3. The 30" barrel can be stowed for-end up for display or for-end down for hauling. Just remove the little "extra" lug holder, which fits snuggly in the end.
4. Had to find and install the correct brass side locks. They took some filing and light wood shaving to get those to fit and work, but they look great.
5. Purchased a vintage key and filed it to work with the original lock. Only took me three keys to finally get it, all while not taking the lock apart. Had to think about how I thought it worked.
6. Made the dividers in the original walnut top showing and dark green baize. The case had one small piece of the original divider, which I took all measurements and design off.

Next up is a good cleaning and lint removal, then I have to box this beauty up. going to miss this case.

Next case I’m working on is a small 28” very vintage canvas case. Hand sewing on hand made corners and strap retainers. Going from wood working to leather work? If this Corona virus thing doesn’t get over soon, there is no telling what I’ll venture into next. Thanks again for letting me entertain you. Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0303.jpg (529.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0304.jpg (510.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0306.jpg (495.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0307.jpg (521.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0308.jpg (512.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0309.jpg (505.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0311.jpg (510.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0312.jpg (513.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0313.jpg (523.6 KB, 1 views)