View Single Post
Unread 01-15-2020, 09:01 PM   #118
Gerald McPherson
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Larter View Post
Thanks so much everyone for your input, many very well thought out opinions that are helpful to us all. But I still can't believe I bought a really nice DH 12/30 dam for 1500 dollars.
Craig; I recently traded into a DH 12/28 Damascus gun. After having it cleaned by a pro and a little repair work I have 1400 in it. I am shooting clays weekly with it and doing better than I have ever did. It did take a little experimenting with different loads and I have found one it likes. I feel the $125 for the cleaning was money well spent. It may have never been taken apart and cleaned. The top lever was very slow returning to center. My advise to others is before you start shooting a 117 year old Parker get it cleaned and lubed. I shot one for several years that looked like a screw had never been turned and then one day while shooting doves it doubled about three times and cracked the stock. We never get to old to learn do we? I traded a pistol that I had $300 in and gave $700 boot. I could have bought the DH for $1200. It was priced by the shop at $1500. I was surprised to find it where it was. This may well be my last Parker purchase. But I said that before I found this one. Of all the gun deals I have done I am happiest about this one. If I had this gun 50 years ago I would have eaten a lot more quail and doves. I traded into my first Parker a VH 12/26 about 20 years ago for about $1500 so i guess the market is down. I really enjoyed that VH also. It fit me very well also. The DH is a 1 1/2 frame at about 7 lbs. Feels great. Gerald
Gerald McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote