View Single Post
Another Yellow Parker
Unread 11-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #10
Austin W Hogan
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Default Another Yellow Parker

I went to the Barre VT gun show in January, 1997. As I was walking across the lot, I saw a distinguished Parker collector entering the building. I saw him turning right in the auditorium as I was purchasing my ticket. I entered the auditorium and saw him half way to the far right aisle; I also saw two Parker lifters on a rack on the corner table. I was a half step behind him when he picked up the 5 grade; I wound up with 18122. Both of these guns have a yellow brown color. The seller indicated he had acquired these when an old hotel was being remodeled, and the two smoke stained guns that had hung over the bar for 90 years were sold.
Look at the "engraving" on your gun with a magnifying glass; it is probably not engraved but roll marked as mine is. Mine also rattles from a loose barrel fit when shaken. I have found some similar guns in the 18 - 22000 serial range. One has had the roll mark engraving chased to appear hand cut; another has a grade two engraved circle on the frame containing either a winged rabbit or a fur footed bird; another has the roll mark engraving and a damascus barrel; perhaps it is a D1 or a D0. I think I mentioned several of these in the DGJ article on grade 2 evolution.
It is interesting that a similarly yellowed roll marked gun has surfaced; do you know the area where it was found?

Best, Austin
Austin W Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote