View Single Post
Unread 08-29-2018, 08:39 PM   #12
GH-16
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,309 Times in 447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Baehman View Post
Finally . . . logic has been added to this thread!

A Parker Reproduction Sporting Clays Classic is my nominee for the most versatile Parker on the planet. 3" chambers, chrome lined bores and choke tubes with the capability of shooting virtually any 12-ga. load offered today -- all in one gun, makes it so. Add in the fact that there were reportedly only 125 SCCs produced, makes this particular model (dare I say?) rare and collectible.
I've looked the auction information & gun over for details. I see no where the seller states this one is a SCC & the poor pictures don't let me see any specific marking to verify it as being a SCC. I do assume that because of the win-chokes that it probably is one, but I would request better pictures of the gun to see if there is any markings to suggest it is a true SCC. I do see the choke stampings on the barrels and though the pictures are fuzzy, I think they indicate the interchangeable choke tubes.

Greg, I think you might have the SCC mixed up with the steel shot special. This gun is clearly marked for 2 3/4" chambers the SSS would have the 3" chambers and fit your description of the overall most versatile Parker Repro.
Paul Ehlers is offline   Reply With Quote