View Single Post
Unread 08-27-2018, 01:45 PM   #11
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,689 Times in 4,640 Posts

The gun is a head scratcher for sure. The finishes on the gun have been completely restored at one point for sure.

The barrels are likely original based on what the serialization book states. Even though the grade is not matching. That could just be an error. The lack of some typical markings on the barrel flats is a curiosity. But, if it was VERY early in the installation of Vulcan barrels, that could explain variances from the norm. The large '0' is likely in place of the typical 'V'. Since the V was the 0 grade. But it does have the small '5' for the grade of B.

The most bazarr thing is the forend. I have never seen a splinter forend like that on a Parker. It is easily almost twice the length as a standard forend. And the checkering pattern on it is like none that I have ever seen, but then again it goes right along with the forend.
Now... everything else about the forend looks right. The way it is made, the fit and finish and even the way the checkering is cut and the borders all look factory. I am surprised for the forend not to have the typical metal tip on it though.

Only a surviving records will tell for sure. THAT is the key to answering all of those questions.
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!